• 500g Flank or porterhouse steak (or any other premium cut). Plenty of salt and pepper to season
• 1 Cup of flat leaf parsley
• 2 Garlic cloves crushed
• 50ml of Red Wine vinegar
• 1 Tbsp baby capers
• ¼ cup of fresh mint leaves
• 1 tsp of red pepper flakes (or Aleppo pepper if you can find it)
• 65 ml of extra virgin olive oil
• Salt and pepper to season sauce
1. For the chimmichurri sauce. Place everything except the capers and oil in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped (you can do this by hand with a sharp knife and a little patience).
2. Transfer to small bowl and gently stir in oil until you reach a loose but not water consistency.
3. Add in baby capers and season to taste. This will keep in the fridge for 3 days, and gets better with a little time.
To cook the steak
1. Ensure you have removed the steak from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking. Season with salt prior to cooking (not pepper as it will burn).
2. Bring a heavy based pan or griddle to a high heat and place meat in the pan. Resist the urge to flip it too much, making sure each side gets around 2 minutes (depending on the thickness of the meant). Ideally the internal temperature should be around 53 degrees.
3. Remove and rest steak for up to 10 minutes
4. Cut steak against the grain into thin slices and serve with a little chimmichurri sauce drizzled over.